Use of Genesis Digital products and services (including but not limited to WebinarJam, EverWebinar, and Kartra) constitutes your acceptance of and agreement to comply with Genesis Digital's billing policy.
- All accounts are set up on a prepaid basis. Payment must be received by Genesis Digital before any billable product or service is provided/activated. In the event of a trial period, payment information must be on file before your account is created. You are required to keep a valid credit/debit card on file to charge for the recurring monthly subscription and overage fees. All recurring subscriptions are automatically invoiced and charged to the credit/debit card on file.
- Subscription billing is based on the availability of products and services within the parameters defined by their packages. Certain fees may be usage-based (e.g. in Kartra for e-mail, hosting/bandwidth, domain names overages; WebinarJam/EverWebinar for Mass Market events).
- Payment receipts are provided electronically with each purchase, and may also be provided upon customer request.
- Credit/Debit Card Billing: All credit/debit cards are automatically charged on the customer's specific billing cycle date.
- Payment failure: In the event, a credit/debit card fails to charge successfully, access to the product will immediately cease.
- Deactivation: Genesis Digital reserves the right to remove customer application data from its servers after nonpayment.
- Collections Fee: In the event, an account is submitted to a third-party collections service, a $35.00 processing fee may be assessed to the existing account balance. This fee is in addition to any other fees previously assessed on the account.
- Chargebacks: If a customer initiates a chargeback, Genesis Digital may assess a $50.00 processing fee for each individual chargeback.
- Interest: Any charges not paid when due are subject to interest at a rate equal to the lesser of: (i) one and one-half percent (1.5%) per month; or (ii) the maximum interest rate allowed by applicable law.
Genesis Digital accepts payments from most major credit cards, and in some cases, PayPal.
Invoices are generated and payments are collected at the beginning of each billing period. Customer billing periods typically begin on the day of the month (or year for yearly plans) in which the customer purchased the Genesis Digital subscription. Customers must request to cancel their subscriptions at least 10 days prior to their next billing date in order to avoid being charged on the billing date. Genesis Digital will not prorate any portion of unused subscription services. All subscription fees are nonrefundable except as described below.
Genesis Digital's refund policies vary depending on the product as follows:
- For WebinarJam and/or EverWebinar purchases, Genesis Digital offers a full refund on a charge provided the request is made within 30 days of the purchase.
- In the event of a multi-installment payment for a WebinarJam and/or EverWebinar subscription, a refund is only possible on the most recent payment (e.g. if a refund request is made within 30 days of the third payment of a three-payment package, the first and second payments will not be refunded).
- For Kartra recurring payments, refunds are only given on the first installment of a subscription, and only if the refund request is made within 30 days of the purchase, subject to the discretion of Genesis Digital. Refunds are not given on overage charges.
- Refunds may be requested on unused Concierge Services time (when purchased a la carte) at any time. Refunds are not offered for package Concierge Services.
Creating a Cancellation request: A request to cancel a Genesis Digital application must be initiated at least 10 days prior to the next invoice date. For Kartra users, the cancellation can also be done via the Billing Profile self-service portal in your account. Any other request to cancel a Genesis Digital application must be made via our customer support portal (find the link at the footer of this page) with a Genesis Digital representative at least 10 days prior to the next invoice date. Customers are encouraged to keep records of all communications regarding the cancellation. Until a cancellation request is made, or a cancellation processed via the self-service portal, Genesis Digital will continue to treat it as an open account. Unless canceled, the billing cycle will continue, possibly resulting in a past due account that may be turned over to a third-party collection service. It is imperative that you chat with a Genesis Digital representative, utilize the self-service option, or submit an online ticket through the cancellation form if you wish to initiate the cancellation of your Genesis Digital account.
Cancellation of an account does not dismiss outstanding invoices or nullify previously agreed charges. At the time of cancellation, any outstanding balance must be settled. All canceled accounts with an outstanding balance may be turned over to a third-party collection service.
Each Genesis Digital customer agrees to provide Genesis Digital 30 days to attempt settlement of any billing dispute before disputing with any third-party credit/debit card company or bank. Should Genesis Digital receive a chargeback from a third-party credit/debit card company or bank on the customer's behalf before Genesis Digital has been given a chance to resolve the issue, Genesis Digital has the right to charge the customer for its time spent in resolving such disputes and any associated fees incurred by Genesis Digital, in addition to the $50 chargeback fee mentioned above. Regardless of the outcome of the chargeback, Genesis Digital retains the right to collect on any Services or fees that are due. Genesis Digital may submit any disputed amounts to a collection agency. Once a chargeback has been received, Genesis Digital has the right to suspend the account until the matter is resolved.
Last updated on January 20, 2020.